Perfect for preparing the day before for guests.
Boil lentils for 15 mins (with a lid on) in enough water to cover them and with the thyme and bay leaves.
Chop celeriac into 1cm cubes and boil for 5-6 mins. Drain and put in a large bowl.
Whizz all the other ingredients for the dressing.
Remove the herbs and pour drained lentils into the bowl. Mix the dressing in and leave in fridge for 24 hours. Add the rocket (or land cress or other salad greens) and serve.
Recipe author: Clare
Ingredients (serves 4)
– 200 gms of puy lentils
– 1 small celeriac (or other root veg)
– 2 bay leaves
– 2 sprigs of thyme
– 1 – 2 red chillies, deseeded
– 1 tsp of clear honey (or syrup)
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tsp tamari
– 2 cms of finely chopped ginger
– 3 garlic cloves grated
– salt and pepper to taste
– rocket or whatever salad greens you have