Stroud Community Agriculture (SCA) provides a link between people and farming. It does this by providing an opportunity for people to support and benefit from farm projects in various ways;
SCA aims to provide as many people as possible in the Stroud area with opportunities to make these direct links with farming and food.
SCA aims to:
Our Principles *
The guiding principles (*currently under review) of Stroud Community Agriculture are:
- To support organic and biodynamic agriculture.
- To pioneer a new economic model based on mutual benefit and shared risk and ensure that the farmers have a decent livelihood.
- To be fully inclusive. Low income shall not exclude anyone.
- To encourage practical involvement on all levels.
- To be transparent in all our affairs. To make decisions on the basis of consensus wherever possible. To strive towards social justice.
- To offer opportunities for learning, therapy and re-connecting with the life of the earth.
- To network with others to promote community supported agriculture to other communities and farms and share our learning (both economic and farming).
- To encourage members, in co-operation with the farmers, to use the farm for their individual and social activities and celebrations.
- To develop a sense of community around the farm.
- To work co-operatively with other enterprises that share our principles.